The Loan Assistant performs administrative and processing duties for Mortgage Planners. The primary responsibilities are to provide administrative, processing and organizational support for effective movement of a loan applicant package. Responsibilities include screening calls, preparing loan packages for submittal and communicating with vendors, clients and staff. You will be responsible for performing a variety of loan documentation duties-reviews loan package against system or investor requirements, correct errors to loan packages and obtain missing information.
• Relieves the Mortgage Planner of administrative tasks and coordinates loan work flow
• Review Purchase Agreements, Appraisals, Tax Forms and Title documentation
• Check deadlines on incoming requests and prioritize daily tasks accordingly
• Process applications from time of receipt of application to submission of the loan package to underwriting.
• Gather, organize and track loan documentation
• Work with lenders, applicants, underwriters, appraisers and other’s to complete processing
• Resolve customer service issues
• Verify customer income documentation and resolve routine title issues including vesting issues and various liens
• Execute closing actions to ensure a timely and effective closing process
• Processing experience, FHA experience, VA and multi-state processing a plus
• Proficient in the following software systems: Encompass, Microsoft Office Suite and AUS
• Tactfulness and proven ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations
• Thorough knowledge of federal and state regulations and requirements with emphasis on MDA, TILA and RESPA reform.
• High energy, self-motivated and service-oriented attitude
• Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and problem-solving skills
• Ability to handle extensive pipeline and ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
• Demonstrate sensitivity and tact in handling highly confidential information.